Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Slowly but surely

I am slowly learning how to make miniatures.  Today I made a house plant with one of the candle holders I bought yesterday at a thrift store.  I am so happy how it turned out.  The "dirt" in the flower pot is actually tea and coffee grounds.  I learned that little trick from Joanne's Minis blog.  I also made a picture frame using her technique as well.  I think for the first time making one it came out really well.  I also started making a rocking chair from a model that I have here.  But I made the back a little small and so it looks like the foot board for a single bed.  So I guess that is what I will make out of it.  I also made my first cake. It didn't turn out like the ones I have seen on other websites but it was my first attempt and so I am ok with it.  I actually made it out of part of a cork from a bottle of wine and painted it with fabric paint.  It is really think paint and works well.  So that is what I was busy doing today.  The second picture is the flower box on the front of my doll house.  I think it came out pretty good.