Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thrift store treasures.

I think thrift stores are a great place to find things that can either be used in a doll house or can be used as a model to make my own furniture for my doll house.  Well today I went to two thrift stores in my town and was so please to find a couple of things that really made me want to dance through the rest of the store and the parking lot to my car.  the first thing I found was a book with complete instructions and measurements to make three different doll houses.  I could not believe my luck in finding the book.  It is something that I will put away for later (when I get good enough to make a doll house from scratch and not use a kit).  The other thing I found today was a set of three small candle holders.  What makes these candle holders so special is they look exactly like a plant holder my mom has in her house.  I actually have a regular size version of this planter in my room and when I found a mini version of it I want to start singing and dancing.  I was so excited.  I knew right away exactly what I would use them for.  So it just goes to show you that thrift stores can be wonderful resources for things that can be used in a doll house or at least recycled and used for a different purpose when it comes to making minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment